Catholic School

This letter from my dearest high school pen pal is 7 pages long and written in hot pink colored pencil. FANTASTIC!! Circa late 1993, right after I moved away from MS and took up surfing, tanning and punk rock in Corpus Christi TX.

Hey Stephanie

How's life in Texas? Are there any fine guys? I think we have a shortage (slightly) out here. Well me and Theresa were sitting here doing nothing and decided to write you. Mr Davidson has been keeping us too busy so we're sorry we haven't written.

Well, hows your love life? Over the summer, Theresa's consisted of kissing Jaime Matthews in Romeo and Juliet. If you knew how fine he was, you would want to shoot her Well in July, I had a short & regretful fling with Jamie B. You don't have to chew me out, I have already been chewed out several times. In August, I started dating a friends of Buddy's Greg T. I really liked him and I was going with him (He's 18) until he cheated on me.
But he's still calling me, kissing my butt, and telling me how much he loves me. Theresa can't wait until I get rid of him. Kim & Tommy are still going together & everyday I find out about another girl he has slept with. Kim M. is still going with Buddy. They are always paranoid she is pregnant.

School is horrible. I have to do a report or presentation almost every week for either Mr. Davidson or Mr. Enriquez. Mr. Davidson has this thing about picking on me, and Mr. Enriquez is a Mr. Dav. wanna-be. Mr. MacKinnon is teaching us religion and we are taking a course about the holocaust. It is so boring.

Hey! This is Theresa putting my part in. Spanish is as boring as hell since we still have "Hermano Roberto" Simone always has to show off her knowledge of Spanish. Luckily there are people to entertain the class. The other day we played bumper cars with our desks in class while Bro. Robert turned around. He didn't notice until he turned back around. It was sooo funny. You should have seen the look on his face! Now here's Nicki again I'll come back again.

French II is great. All we do is square dance. Right now, we are making French stores and houses. We went to Memphis to see Napoleon (again). It was soo fun. All the way up there & back we put signs in the car window saying Help! We;ve been kidnapped!! Call my mommy! & "You're tire is low!" SO many people pulled over to check their tires, One person almsot called the police b/c he really though we were being kidnapped.

Well here's the gossip. Sara is big (ger) bitch! She goes and screws college guys on the weekends and takes Ginny with her. Stephanie P. is always getting high. She was hurt real bad in a car wreck a few weeks ago.

David H. is always screwing girls now. But mostly everyone else was pretty nice. Me & Theresa are in the key club & have to clean a highway tomorrow @ 9am. Fun. I was also elected to be a student council representative.

Our football team is sorry since we lost Roger Reed. Our Homecoming is Oct 29 & the theme is Halloween. We are playing Obannon & will probably lose. But our maids are Mimmie M. Lidsay F. The queen is Carol Cashion Meyer. Our float is called "Nightmare on Golf Street."

Well everyone is havig baby boys. Mrs Beverly has a 3 month old, Blake. Holly, my 15 year old cousin is married & has a 3 month old, Seth. Mrs. Dotson has a 3 week old, Jaime & Wendy my 18 year old cousin, has a 3 day old, Saxon Alexander. No, it's not a misprint.

LaDonna & Kim B. are both whores. They "offer thier services" to quite a few people nowadays. We still go to church on Wednesdays, even though it is very boring. We are going on a cotton ride tomoorw night, which might be fun.

I spend a lot of my free time in the downtown library doing research these days. I am finally able to take the car a lot. (Even at night! Aren't you proud!) However, I did get us lost last night in a bad neighborhood. Well my hand is tired so I'm letting Theresa take over.

PS Write back asap and send me a school picture. I'm getting copies made, so I'll send you one soon.

Hey! This is Theresa again. Thanks for sending me all those postcards this summer. There very entertaining. Guess what? I might go to California and visit my relatives this Christmas. It'll be so fun. Maybe I would have a layover in Texas and visit you. You could show me all the fine guys and stuff to do. So have you seen anyone you really like yet? Is he fine or nice or is he a great talker? Inquiring minds want to know. I've seen several fine guys around. They are just a lot older, like college age. Oh well! Anyway I've got to go now, it's one o;clock in the morning but don't forget to tell us what's going on. Write back soon.

W/B/A/S/A/P
L/Y/L/A/S

I <3 Greg!

PS If you ever get bored, read 1984 by George Orwell. I just read it for English & it's awesome!

3 comments:

  1. What I remember about St. John's High was having to wear embarrassingly short green gym shorts and while our super pregnant teacher barked orders to a group of us girls laying on our backs and doing leg lifts. Also we rode horses. Also the religion teacher told us to question everything in the Bible, and I had a crush on a guy with a romance novel name. Actually, a lot of people in that town had crazy good names. Mimmie? Also a Maime Signa? Is that a person? I'm still waiting for a good place to sue the name Trey Truitt, its like CIA agent and a Southern gentleman rolled into one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:34 PM

    Oh Stephanie- I haven't laughed this hard in weeks! This was great. I'll have to send your link to Theresa. I'm pretty ashamed at all the mean things I thought about people though! I hope if any of them see this letter, they forgive me. I don't have bad feelings about any of them. Actually, they are all quite nice in my memories.
    Just how many times could we write "fine" in one letter!!!!
    -Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one. It reminds me of a simpler time :) You have two more. The hot pink colored pencil is the perfect final touch. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete