Some things I threw away.

  • What appears to be a handwritten form letter from a record company apologizing for not having cd's I ordered.
  • An eye popping, hyperactive letter from a girl I don't recall.
  • A letter from a guy I met on #indierock on IRC in 1996.
  • About 50 notes from my best friend in 10th grade.

Well here's one from 5/16/1994

Stephanie,
Uh, her point is? Anyway, I saw a license plate, it read - GZR. Does this stand for GEEZER? I bet it does and I bet a geezer drives it. You still have my 30 cents babe! So you and Jeremy are together! Go you! I bet he won't pull a Mike. Mike is a total asshole! Jerk! he's a carrot flaking jerk. I am so mad at him. What a scum ball! (Golly what is her point?) Sara by the way and Carrot kind of rhyme doesn't it? I can't believe she saw Mike and I haven't! Now I will come see you, -Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl- Are the 50 notes from 10th grade from me? BTW you were the best pen pal of my life!
    -Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicki! I have a few of your letters. Is it ok to post one? If you have any changes to details - happy to edit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:20 PM

    Sure! I think. Ok, anything really embarassing, leave out.
    -Nicki
    ps I'm curious about what they say!

    ReplyDelete