Summer in Harrison Co.



The summer after my freshman year (1997), my best friend and I wrote dozens of letters back and forth complaining about our miserably boring jobs and small southern town lives. I guess this one never made it to the mail, but it's pretty representative of those days as a bored, self involved 18 year old.

Courtney,

On Monday night, I made two phone calls. I called Jenny and talked a bit and I called Christian. At first I was going to be soupa bitchy to him, telling him he sucked for not staying in touch. He had some lamer excuse about why he didn't write back. The he all started talking about his summer, blah, blah. It was at this point, I realized Christian, like most boys I run into, is a Big Fucking Dork. As the mighty, mighty Freddie Mercury would say, "another one bites the dust." Brought your Queers cd to school, eh? I finished your book, the Margaret Atwood, not the book you wrote, That book is still sitting on my dresser but I'm having trouble reading it since it doesn't exist.

Jenny told me my high school boyfriend was dating a 16 year old girl that was rumored to be "kate moss" beautiful. He's about to turn 21. Life goes on. I hate Shaun. He's ultra annoying since I "broke up" with him. I said we could still be friends but the whole "worship the ground you walk on" thing is getting stale and old like some spagettios you forgot to throw away. A big, frustrated blech!

How's Jason? Where did you go out of town this weekend? Now that my house is all finished you can come visit and have a real bed to sleep in. Next Monday, I get out of school. I'm thinking about something drastic. So what about Orlando? Or let's go visit Jenny for a week or go to Portland or Alaska. I need to leave before Shaun gets me a lobotomy in order to make me his love slave. Not that he's much of a lover type. Nope. I tell you, I only miss Jeremy when I haven't gotten laid in a few months. Sad, but true.

Oh by the way, I'm Stephanie and I'm your new roommate. I like to have sticky three person sex in other people's beds. I hope you don't mind. Have you ever seen Chasing Amy? It's a swell movie by the director of Clerks. I had a very interesting conversation about those movies with the guy whose car I wrecked. It was way fun. Go see it, eh? Pass me a beer, eh?

I am, I am, I am superman and I can do anything. 30 days, 1 month til time to leave this bottom of the trash barge town. 24 working days. How's your prostitution business venture going? Mine is swell. I've got two venereal diseases and a big cow as a prop. Woo whoo! Big party! Every one's invited to have a piece of the fun.

I just drove 40 min with no air conditioning on some "Red Ass" errand for work. I'm in what some people refer to as a "bad mood." Have a "nice" day. - Steph


1 comment:

  1. The best part of this series are "Hi, I'm your new roommate" introductions. I'll have to dig out a few, they were hilarious at the time.

    ReplyDelete