No Virtual Wonder/No Proxy Bliss

There are so many things to love about this letter, from its pretentious language and it's sweet way of dropping in Space Needle and A Confederacy of Dunces. It's got some good advice too at the end. I am honored to have been this young man's unrequited love.

January 24, 1997

Dear Stephanie,

Fearing what errors I have commissioned in loves of better days I do this write (right) now. For darker have been the impressions made, but not so when it mattered much. As those days are long and unimportant, all I have are thoughts I think.

My thoughts are not varied or necessarily well crafted. They are singular and devoted in purpose and detail, but unrewarded devotion is not the contents of an intriguing letter. And intriguing letter this must be, before you any more interest in me. Before I lose my style.

On the phone only moments ago (relative) you asked what it was a person had no control of. Among other delights this person or no other has control concerning your feelings. Knowing this ins strange ways I retire these desires for a time and let them trouble you no more.

A vagrant huh? Well that is indeed impressive (by the way I rather like you "Unfinished Picture of a Mon-Tear-Non-Triangles A regular Non-Achievement" Art is everything good about what's wrong with the world.) And I would afford little attention (were I you) wishing for more artistic ability. The perfect of an instant mumbles in a moment. And all for which you have so ardently striven is forgotten in vain. All that matter sin the here and now??

My meager position in the law enforcement community has been interesting enough. Such strange characters frolic about Long Beach and the greater (or lesser, as pleases you) Gulf Coast. Especially at the jail; such desperate faces.

Good luck in your adventures w/ radio free radio. ('radio free radio is a great play on a post war allusion, for a great play on a reference the French Way w/ Indochina resuming in the late forties (i think) and ending in '54 w/ Diem Bien Phu.)

As for spring break, and your plans concerning such, driving around sounds like good wonder. Don't be afraid of leaving the south. Don't be afraid of leaving anything. (I feel like Mirna trying to deliver Ignatius from his room/protectorate/mother/villain boy-friend) Don't be afraid of change either. (Your life is you've done, not what you've missed) As we are not now what were nor now as we shall yet be, and none makes younger - older or any difference to what has been only what will *BE* There is no substitute for this/No virtual wonder/no proxy bliss.

Thank you for the Birthday Wishes and poem. Thanks in advance for the grand indie rock tape.

Yours on the condition that you don't return me for something in a blue,

No comments:

Post a Comment